The university experience can be challenging to navigate, especially if you're far from home, family and friends. Knowing that you have an advocate and ally on campus can help you feel more connected and help you achieve goals. We know it's not easy to juggle your academic and social priorities, and sometimes problems arise that you don't know how to handle. We want you to remember that you never have to go it alone.
To provide you with centered education that nurtures your ability to think critically and creatively, develop values and ethics, and promote respect for human diversity while empowering you to make responsible choices and embrace a healthy emotional, physical and spiritual lifestyle.
How We Help
- We provide you with a safe, confidential and respectful setting where you can speak openly and honestly about your concerns.
- We give you our full, undivided attention, gather information relevant to your issue, and discuss any of your concerns or questions in a way that helps you choose the best course of action.
- We empower you to act on your own behalf by encouraging you to develop critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- We facilitate an ongoing relationship and dialogue with parents, guardians and mentors that will provide you with the foundation you need to succeed.
- The vision of the Dean of Students Office is to be the hub of your Niner Nation experience.
We Can Help You
- Withdraw due to special request an emergency absence
- Understand the Code of Student Responsibility and Code of Academic Integrity policies for students, faculty and staff
- File a grievance or appeal
- Volunteer for community service
- Get involved in Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Understand the campus conduct system
- Report sexual harassment
- Learn more about women's issues, domestic violence and ethical decision making
The Dean of Students Staff can help you with all of that and more, so if your concern isn't listed, go ahead and contact us anyway. Think of us as your family away from home.