The SAFE Program is a peer mentoring program designed to help students successfully transition through their first year of college. SAFE minimizes academic, social, and economic challenges by providing information about UNC Charlotte support services to facilitate a smooth transition for students.
SAFE combines academic support with personal development programming to encourage your academic achievement, positive self-concept and increased personal growth. Participation in SAFE helps students achieve not only the UNC Charlotte degree of choice but also a degree of excellence in your future.
SAFE News...HOT OFF THE PRESS !
04-14-2014: We'll See YOU at SOAR 2014
THREE PILLARS OF THE SAFE PROGRAM
Mentoring, Academic Support, and Social Networking
First year students are matched up with upperclass students called SAFE Counselors within their specific major or college. SAFE Counselors are:
- Students with GPAs of 2.5 and higher.
- Students trained in the areas of: mentoring, group dynamics, ethics, conflict resolution, and teambuilding. SAFE Counselors also attend mandatory meetings throughout the academic year.
- Students who are successfully involved in all aspects of the university
- SAFE Counselors provide ongoing support for students dealing with academic, personal, and social issues.
- Work directly with the office of Multicultural Academic Services to get one on one tutoring
- Study Halls (works best for students who succeed in a group setting)
- Tutorial assistance from paid tutors, SAFE Counselors, and their peers
- Freshman Seminar Class UCOL 1000-007 MW 11am-12:15 to Register send name and 800# to email@example.com (must be enrolled in SAFE Program to Register)
Social adjustment to college is a major factor in the overall success of every college student. SAFE provides ongoing programs to help students connect with each other in various social settings.
- SAFE Socials
- Youth Outreach
- Community Service Projects
- Personalized Group Events
- Cultural Events
- SAFE VOYAGE